Are you suffering from arthritis? If you have this degenerative condition of the joints, you may find that even routine tasks like bending down or opening a jar cause excruciating pain. But that arthritis pain can be managed. Our medical clinic is at the forefront of cutting-edge regenerative medicine treatments in St Petersburg like platelet-rich plasma therapy for all-natural pain relief in the treatment of arthritis.
Arthritis Pain Relief
When injected at the site of your pain, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) induces and accelerates your body’s natural healing abilities. Your blood contains plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. Platelets are rich in hundreds of proteins called growth factors, necessary for the healing of degenerative damage. Platelet-rich plasma treatments contain a significantly higher platelet count than typically found in blood, which helps fast track healing.
PRP therapy begins with drawing a sample of your blood and spinning it in a specialized medical device which separates the components of your blood, allowing our highly skilled medical staff to concentrate the platelets to higher levels than what would typically be found in your bloodstream.
Benefits of PRP injections include:
- Stimulating the repair and regrowth of new cartilage for improved joint function
- Increasing the production of natural lubricating fluid in the joints to ease joint friction
- Contains proteins that alter your pain receptors to potentially reduce pain sensations
- Minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment
- Drug-free treatment
- No downtime
What Causes Arthritis?
Your arthritis may be caused by one of the following:
- Overused muscles and joints
- Birth abnormalities (e.g., hip dysplasia)
- Genetic background
If your joints are increasingly painful, consult with a medical professional to diagnose the issue and begin effective treatment immediately.
Types of Arthritis
Arthritis is a group of diseases that cause inflammation of the joints. The most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and tendonitis.
While the disease can occur in anyone, it has been found to most commonly affect people over the age of 65. It has also been cited as a significant cause of disability in older adults. Your hips and knees are a common location for the development of arthritis, as well as your lumbar spine, big toe, and the joint right at the base of your thumb.
The disorder has a wide range of symptoms, but some are more common than others, including:
- Joint pain that gets worse with movement
- Swelling and joint enlargement
- Pain that travels from your hip to your groin
- Pain that runs down the thighs
- Aching or stabbing pain in the knees
- Painful joints that get worse with cold weather
- Painful joints while jogging or running
- Morning stiffness and feeling stiff after prolonged inactivity
Pain doesn’t have to be a part of your daily life. You can take action to manage your pain by contacting us for a complimentary consultation.